We’re enormously grateful to National Lottery players for all you’ve done to support the Polar Museum and the Scott Polar Research Institute over the years. As a big thank you we’re offering all players a free audio guide between 12 December and 16 December. All you need to do is bring your ticket along and show it to the team on our front desk.
The National Lottery were substantial funders of our fantastic Museum refurbishment – when we reopened in 2010 we were very proud to be shortlisted for lots of awards, including the ‘Museum of the Year’ award. We’ve also had fantastic support for purchasing Captain Scott’s photographs, Inuit art and we currently have a Heritage Lottery Fund supported project to build our collection of material relating to Sir Ernest Shackleton.
So, there really is a huge amount to thank you all for!
Terms and Conditions
• One National Lottery ticket provides a free audio guide each for a family of up to 6 people. The offer includes the audio guide for adults and the audio guide for children.
• All National Lottery games qualify for free entry, including tickets from any National Lottery draw based game or National Lottery Scratchcard. Proof of ticket can be paper or digital.
• The offer is valid from 12-16 December. The Polar Museum is open Tuesday-Saturday, 10am-4pm.
• The Polar Museum has the right to refuse entry in the unlikely event of venue reaching capacity, as well as unforeseen circumstances.
• Audio Guides will be given at the welcome desk in the Polar museum when visitors arrive with their National Lottery tickets.