skip to primary navigation skip to content
 

 

You are not currently logged in

SPRI library catalogue

View a record

Please note: You are viewing the legacy database of the Scott Polar Research Institute Library catalogue. It is no longer being updated, so does not reliably reflect our current library holdings.

Please search for material in iDiscover for up-to-date information about the library collection.


Record #41412:

Метеоусловия и промысел китов

Title: Метеоусловия и промысел китов
Title, transliterated: Meteouslovii︠a︡ i promysel kitov / M.V. Ivashin.
Translated title: Meteorological conditions and the whaling industry.
Author(s): Ivashin, M. V.
Date: 1965.
Language: Russian.
In: Rybnoe Khozi︠a︡ĭstvo. (1965.), Vol. 41(10) (1965)
Abstract: The effect of cyclones on whale catches is discussed for the 1961-62 season in the Pacific Ocean sector of the Antarctic. On the day after passage of a cyclone the catch averages from O.1 to 1, and sometimes 2, whales. On the second day, the catch may not exceed 1.8 - 2.1 whales, and on the following days, 1.9 and 2.8. There is a relationship between the duration of a cyclone and the whale catch. The relation of local whale movement to the distribution of pasture areas is no t clear. The direction of whale movement in relation to wind velocity is tabulated Total results indicate that the percentage of whales moving at random is about 40% while the remaining 60% are whales moving with the wind.
Notes:

Rybnoe Khozi︠a︡ĭstvo. Vol. 41(10) :47-49 (1965).

Keywords: 551.5 -- Meteorology.
551.515.1 -- Polar lows and extratropical cyclones.
639.245.1 -- Whaling industry.
N -- Renewable resources.
(*7) -- Antarctic regions.
(*88) -- South Pacific Ocean.
SPRI record no.: 41412

MARCXML

LDR 02067naa#a2200000#a#4500
001 SPRI-41412
005 20221006013744.0
007 ta
008 221006s1965####xx####|##|###|0||#0|rus#d
035 ## ‡aSPRI-41412
040 ## ‡aUkCU-P‡beng‡eaacr
041 0# ‡arus
100 1# ‡6880-01‡aIvashin, M. V.
242 10 ‡aMeteorological conditions and the whaling industry.‡yeng
245 10 ‡6880-02‡aMeteouslovii︠a︡ i promysel kitov /‡cM.V. Ivashin.
260 ## ‡a[S.l.] :‡b[s.n.],‡c1965.
300 ## ‡ap. 47-49 :‡btable.
500 ## ‡aRybnoe Khozi︠a︡ĭstvo. Vol. 41(10) :47-49 (1965).
520 3# ‡aThe effect of cyclones on whale catches is discussed for the 1961-62 season in the Pacific Ocean sector of the Antarctic. On the day after passage of a cyclone the catch averages from O.1 to 1, and sometimes 2, whales. On the second day, the catch may not exceed 1.8 - 2.1 whales, and on the following days, 1.9 and 2.8. There is a relationship between the duration of a cyclone and the whale catch. The relation of local whale movement to the distribution of pasture areas is no t clear. The direction of whale movement in relation to wind velocity is tabulated Total results indicate that the percentage of whales moving at random is about 40% while the remaining 60% are whales moving with the wind.
546 ## ‡aIn Russian.
546 ## ‡aRussian transliteration entered into original records using BGN/PCGN 1947 romanisation of Russian; Cyrillic text in MARC 880 field(s) reverse transliterated from this by automated process; BGN/PCGN 1947 text then upgraded to Library of Congress romanisation.
650 07 ‡a551.5 -- Meteorology.‡2udc
650 07 ‡a551.515.1 -- Polar lows and extratropical cyclones.‡2udc
650 07 ‡a639.245.1 -- Whaling industry.‡2udc
650 07 ‡aN -- Renewable resources.‡2local
651 #7 ‡a(*7) -- Antarctic regions.‡2udc
651 #7 ‡a(*88) -- South Pacific Ocean.‡2udc
773 0# ‡6880-03‡7nnas ‡tRybnoe Khozi︠a︡ĭstvo. ‡gVol. 41(10) (1965) ‡wSPRI-23081
880 1# ‡6100-01/(N‡aИвашин, М. В.
880 10 ‡6245-02/(N‡aМетеоусловия и промысел китов /‡cМ.В. Ивашин.
880 0# ‡6773-03/(N‡7nnas ‡tРыбное Хозяйство. ‡gVol. 41(10) (1965) ‡wSPRI-23081
917 ## ‡aUnenhanced record from Muscat, imported 2019
948 3# ‡a20221006