skip to primary navigation skip to content
 

 

You are not currently logged in

SPRI library catalogue

View a record

Please note: You are viewing the legacy database of the Scott Polar Research Institute Library catalogue. It is no longer being updated, so does not reliably reflect our current library holdings.

Please search for material in iDiscover for up-to-date information about the library collection.


Record #135618:

Failure of cellulolysis in the rumen of reindeer fed timothy silage / Monica A. Olsen, Tove Hilde Aagnes, Svein D. Mathiesen.

Title: Failure of cellulolysis in the rumen of reindeer fed timothy silage / Monica A. Olsen, Tove Hilde Aagnes, Svein D. Mathiesen.
Author(s): Olsen, Monica A.
Aagnes, Tove Hilde.
Mathiesen, Svein D.
Date: 1995.
In: Rangifer. (1995.), Vol. 15(2) (1995)
Abstract: Three male reindeer calves were brought from mountain pastures in April and fed re-growth timothy (Phleum pratense) silage with 76% leaves, 24% dry matter ad libitum. One animal had much larger rumen and contents than other two, probably from natural periods of starvation before experiment, resulting in low rate of fermentation.
Notes:

Rangifer. Vol. 15(2) :79-86 (1995).

Keywords: 591.1 -- Animal physiology.
591.13 -- Animal digestion and inanition.
599.735.3 -- Cervidae: Rangifer tarandus.
H6 -- Zoology: mammals.
(*3) -- Arctic regions.
SPRI record no.: 135618

MARCXML

LDR 01204naa#a2200000#a#4500
001 SPRI-135618
005 20220927200608.0
007 ta
008 220927s1995####xx#a##|##|###|0||#0|eng#d
035 ## ‡aSPRI-135618
040 ## ‡aUkCU-P‡beng‡eaacr
100 1# ‡aOlsen, Monica A.
245 10 ‡aFailure of cellulolysis in the rumen of reindeer fed timothy silage /‡cMonica A. Olsen, Tove Hilde Aagnes, Svein D. Mathiesen.
260 ## ‡a[S.l.] :‡b[s.n.],‡c1995.
300 ## ‡ap. 79-86 :‡bdiags., tables.
500 ## ‡aRangifer. Vol. 15(2) :79-86 (1995).
520 3# ‡aThree male reindeer calves were brought from mountain pastures in April and fed re-growth timothy (Phleum pratense) silage with 76% leaves, 24% dry matter ad libitum. One animal had much larger rumen and contents than other two, probably from natural periods of starvation before experiment, resulting in low rate of fermentation.
650 07 ‡a591.1 -- Animal physiology.‡2udc
650 07 ‡a591.13 -- Animal digestion and inanition.‡2udc
650 07 ‡a599.735.3 -- Cervidae: Rangifer tarandus.‡2udc
650 07 ‡aH6 -- Zoology: mammals.‡2local
651 #7 ‡a(*3) -- Arctic regions.‡2udc
700 1# ‡aAagnes, Tove Hilde.
700 1# ‡aMathiesen, Svein D.
773 0# ‡7nnas ‡tRangifer. ‡gVol. 15(2) (1995) ‡wSPRI-62467
917 ## ‡aUnenhanced record from Muscat, imported 2019
948 3# ‡a20220927