Polar Social Science and Humanities Research Group
About the Group
Research conducted by the Polar Social Science and Humanities Group includes areas such as:
- Oil, gas and society
- Space and distance: trajectories of nomads, shamans, traders and aviators
- Reindeer-herders and their ecologies
- Changing religions: divinity, experience and politics
- Family dynamics and cross-cultural psychotherapy
- Ethnicity and regionalism
Publications of the group are as listed on the biography pages linked below, and an archived list is available.
These are as linked from the biography pages below. In due course a listing will be shown on this page directly.
Staff and students
The following scientists at the Scott Polar Research Institute are involved in the activities of this research group:
- Dr Florian Stammler
- Dr John Tichotsky: Regional economic development in Siberia, Alaska, Mongolia and China
- Dr Emma Wilson