To order an image for commercial use
The Scott Polar Research Institute holds one of the world's most comprehensive collections of polar imagery. Copies of images from the collection may be made available for publication or other purposes. Original material from the Institute's stock will not normally be lent. A licence fee based on the use of an image will be charged for any image subsequently reproduced in any form of publication, broadcasting, advertising or in displays and exhibitions. We approach each request on an individual basis and are happy to discuss fees with clients.
As only a relatively small proportion of our collection is accessible online, we offer a picture research service for images to fit your brief. We also encourage you, if time permits, to visit us yourself to explore the collections. Please contact us to discuss your requirements or to arrange an appointment.
If the photograph you would like a copy print of is not available on the SPRI Prints website then contact the Picture Library Manager (contact details below) for further information.
Search & Service
- Picture Research - £30 per hour + VAT
- Visit SPRI - Free of charge
Costs (supply only)
- Supply of high-resolution scan - £15 (+VAT) per image
For further information on charges for reproduction rights and licensing, please contact the Picture Library Manager, Lucy Martin.
- Telephone: +44 1223 336547
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Post: Picture Library, Scott Polar Research Institute, Lensfield Road, Cambridge CB2 1ER, England
- Fax: +44 1223 336547, or 336549